Thursday, July 28, 2011

Elle Fanning: She Wears It Well

I feel a bit funny waxing lyrical about the style of someone who was born in 1998. And if Elle Fanning dressed older than her age I really wouldn't want to.
 But what's cool about this little actress, who blew everyone away last year with her exquisite performance in Sophia Coppola's Somewhere , is not (only) that she's starring on one of the covers of Katie Grand's latest LOVE magazine (out on Monday), but that she dresses exactly like a 13-year-old should.

Seeing her in her clunky shoes, thick white tights (Los Angeles is currently in the middle of a heatwave, bless her) and loose flowery frock (by Lipsy, the teen's go-to brand), made me come over all nostalgic. I wore stuff just like this when I was a teen, way back in the mid-80s, when I'd have let my best friend read my most top-secret diary entry ever in exchange for a genuine pair of Dr Marten's Original 8-Hole boots.Kate Finnigan

No comments:

Post a Comment